Take your patron's in-person box office experience with your organization to the next level with the ShowTix4U POS Terminal - a secure, faster check out!
You can now accept the following payment types to expedite the process for at the door purchases!
- EMV Chip.
- Contactless (tap to pay)
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- Swipe payments
This terminal works with computers, tablets, and mobile devices (any device with an updated browser!) and integrates directly with the ShowTix4U website and your account. No apps or downloads needed to provide your patrons with this experience. The POS terminal will allow your box office staff to better and more quickly assist your customers as well as offer customers the ease and convenience of additional electronic payment methods.
The POS terminal utilizes end to end encryption to allow you to quickly process door sales safely and securely. By using the ShowTix4U POS terminal, you'll get the power of POS while ShowTix4U ensures PCI compliance.
Requirements for POS Terminal Usage:
- You will need a device (computer, laptop, tablet, phone) to access your ShowTix4U box office account to use in tandem with the POS terminal.
- Your device's browser must be up to date. (FireFox, Edge, Chrome, Safari)
- The POS terminal and the device accessing your box office portal must be on the same network. The POS Terminal will connect to the internet via WIFI. Your computer or mobile device for which you are using ShowTix4U will be connected to the same WIFI or network. The two units communicate via the internet, not directly connected through cables or bluetooth.
3 Easy Steps For Set Up!
- REGISTERING - this will be a one time process.
- Connect your POS Terminal to the WIFI using the same network as your box office computer/mobile device.
- Simply register the POS terminal hardware with your ShowTix4U account using a pairing code on the POS Terminal.
- You are encouraged to label the POS Terminal in the box office - we recommend doing this even if you only have one terminal - "POS #1" for example. If you have multiple terminals, labeling them in the box office portal, and also including a label on the POS Terminal itself is advised.
- The ShowTix4U POS terminal is only supported with the ShowTix4U website.
- CONNECTING - Each time a box office user logs in, they will choose which of your POS terminals they will be using for their logged in session. This allows your organization to have multiple ShowTix4U POS terminals. The POS terminal will remain assigned to that specific user until they log out.
- If you need multiple users processing payment simultaneously for an event, you'll need to invest in multiple ShowTix4U POS terminals. Each POS terminal will need its own computer/mobile device to access the box office as well.
- PROCESSING - Once you've selected your patron's ticket(s) for purchase, you'll simply select "Checkout" and Select the Payment Method as "POS Terminal." It's just that easy!
How do fees work with the POS terminal?
- There are no additional fees to use the POS terminal outside of the PURCHASE of the terminal. Please review our ticketing fees here.
How many POS terminals do I need?
- A POS Terminal can be REGISTERED to one ShowTix4U account (ie. Mainstage Productions) at a time. If you wish to use a specific POS Terminal with multiple ShowTix4U accounts. You will need to unregister from the first account and then register with the second account.
- A specific POS terminal can only be used with one box office user at a time. That specific POS terminal cannot be used by multiple users concurrently.
- If you have multiple box office staff members that will be processing credit cards at the door, simultaneously, you'll need a POS terminal and a dedicated computer/mobile device per POS terminal for each team member.
Organizations on Daily, Weekly, Monthly Deposit: Using the ShowTix4U POS terminal, the ticket revenue will be deposited into your Settled Funds at the end of each night at the same time as that day's online orders. These Settled Funds will be paid to your bank account based on your Payout Schedule. Any fees will be deducted prior to being deposited into your Settled Funds account. The Event Account Report (associated with each event) includes POS Terminal transactions in the Credit Card column. You can also view Balances here: Arts Organization > Balances
Organizations on hard check deposit: Using the ShowTix4U POS terminal, the accounting process is the same as online purchases.
How do I purchase a ShowTix4U POS Terminal?