These simple instructions will allow you to set up your Star MC series printer for use with a direct USB connection to your Mac.
***If you would like to print via multiple computers, a mobile device, or wirelessly via a network, click here for install instructions (Mac).
1. Download drivers from the Star Support Website
2. Click "CUPS Driver for macOS" and download the FULL version.
3. Install the drivers as shown in this video
4. Download and install the JSPrintManager client app here. (Download version 5).
If computer/browser asks to allow incoming connection from JSPrint manager, select Allow.
Note: If you are updating JSPrintManager from a previous version you must uninstall that version, leaving only Version 5 installed.
5. Plug printer into computer via USB cable, and power printer on.
6. Quit all browsers
7. Go to Printers/Scanners and set Star MCP20 (STR-001) as the default printer.
8. Restart computer
9. If computer/browser asks to allow incoming connection from JSPrintManager, select Always Allow.
Open your browser, log into your account, complete or select an existing ticket order, click Print (Star) button, and choose the printer from the USB drop down list. After making this initial selection, you can now print using the Star Print button for printing tickets, coupons, and flex passes.