These instructions will allow you to set up your Star MC series printer for use as a network connected printer on your Mac.
- Setup printer, power on, and load paper.
- Go to Star Support Website , select "CUPS Driver for macOS" and download the FULL version.
- Install the drivers as shown in this video.
- Plug the printer using USB
- Setup the printer as default by accessing Apple Menu->System Preferences->Printers & Scanners and setting "Default printer" drop down list to "Star MCP20"
- Connect the printer to your router using LAN (Ethernet) connector and wait 2 minutes for printer to join network.
- Print Self-printing test from the printer by holding Feed button and pressing Power button. Hold the Feed button until the Self-printing test starts, it may take a few seconds.
- On the Self-printing test, you will find the printer's IP Address at the bottom of the second receipt under "Current IP Parameters Status" -> IP Address:
- Go in your browser and type this IP address
- Log in using username root and password public (you will be required to create new root password. Be sure to securely store)
- You can assign a static IP Address to your printer or leave it as dynamic using the IP Parameters menu.
- After setting new Password, click Save in left bar, and then click Save->Configuration printing->restart device, and then close browser tab.
Go back to SSL/TSL/Create self-signed certificate by typing the Printer IP address into your browser, logging in, and going into menu SSL/TLS > Create Self-signed Certificate
Click download at bottom of screenFind download and click to Install the certificate into KeyChain.
- Find certificate in keychain by searching by the printer IP address, double click, expand "Trust" menu and choose "When using this certificate" "Always Trust". Close window. https://youtu.be/AFfd6D5dZGQ
- Restart your browser to make sure the changes are effective
- Login to your ShowTix4U account at ShowTix4U.com/login.
- Access the Main Menu -> Preferences/Settings -> Equipment -> Star Printers.
- Click "Add A New Star Printer" button.
- Name the printer and label printer with same name.
- Enter Printer IP address from step 7 and be sure to include https:// before your printer IP address.
- Save new Printer. You can click "Make Default."
- You can now Print using the Star Print buttons for tickets, coupons, and flex passes.
To print, you will need to leave your printer connected to your network via ethernet cable but you no longer need USB connected.