The 1099-K is a purely informational form that summarizes the sales activity of your account and is designed to assist you in reporting your taxes. It is provided to you and the IRS, as well as some US states.
For more information regarding your 1099-K, please visit the IRS website here.
The Tax Form that is offered in the main menu offers calendar year data. Details below:
- Gross Credit Card Sales: The total amount ran through the payment processor on your behalf. The gross amount of a reportable payment does not include any adjustments for credits, cash equivalents, fees, refunded amounts or any other amounts.
- Refunds: Amount refunded through payment processor. Refunds have not already been subtracted from gross credit card sale figure.
- Fees: Total fees passed on to your patrons or incurred by your organization.
- Chargebacks: Total credit card sales credited back to patrons due to patron initiated chargeback. Chargebacks have not already been subtracted from gross credit card sale figure.
- Donations: Total donations. For informational purposes only. This figure is already represented in the Gross Credit Card Sales figure.