Using a third-party monetization/ticketing solution with ShowTix4U
We respect and understand what goes into selecting in-person box office systems, “training” patrons on systems, and in-person season subscription/membership methods. While streaming platforms and traditional ticketing/box office systems do have some crossover in feature sets, most traditional box office systems are not designed to control access to digital content, both live stream content and pre-recorded content.
The ShowTix4U streaming platform offers a solution that secures your content as well as the access to it. Patrons purchase access to your event and will receive a secure link/access code. The access code is unique to each purchase and patrons can not share this code as the system only allows one device to be watching the stream under an access code.
- While you will lose some operational efficiency provided by using both our box office and streaming platform, if you need to utilize our platform in tandem with your current box office software - the process is simple as you are able to bulk export access codes from our platform and you can share each individual access code with each patron. This will let you take advantage of using just our streaming/access control services while processing sales through your third party system.
- Please note that using a bulk export could create some challenges down the line if your patron needs assistance viewing their event.
- Without the patron's name being linked to their access code, we cannot resend their access code/ticket packet to them and technical support becomes more complicated as we cannot verify the access code they were provided by you in a bulk ticket situation.
- Even further, you can process access codes sold via your third party ticket platform by logging into our platform and process a complimentary ticket for the same patron. Tickets processed through our box office will provide each patron with their access code as well as instructions on how to view their event. Also, their name is now associated with their assigned access code.
- We highly recommend this individualized method as the overall customer service experience is better - we can quickly provide the patron with their access code/link to view the event if they are having any challenges.
- This is a much smoother process for your box office and your patrons.
- This loss of efficiency will need to be weighed against the benefits of using current systems and processes.
- The cost of using just the streaming platform is flat rate $1.50 per ticket processed on the site whether the ticket is redeemed or not redeemed.
How much is it to sell tickets through ShowTix4U?
Below is a helpful video showing how you can use just the streaming side of ShowTix4U.
Please sign in to leave a comment.