What File Formats can I upload for Video On Demand?
ShowTix4U supports just about any kind of video file, including these common formats:
In the rare circumstance that a format is not supported. All videos uploaded to ShowTix4U will be converted to square pixels. Regardless of format, all videos will be displayed at the correct aspect ratio.
Video On Demand events can stream up to 4K.
ShowTix4U does not accept:
- audio files
- image files
- other non-video formats, such as: MP3, WAV, WMA, JPG, and PNG.
- Project files such as imovieproject and dvdproj files are also unsupported, since these are not video/ files.
Should I compress the file?
While it’s technically possible to upload an uncompressed video to ShowTix4U, in many cases, it isn’t a good idea. Uncompressed files take longer to upload; more importantly, they may not result in significant visual improvement over properly compressed videos.
- If you do decide to compress your source file prior to upload, we recommend following these guidelines.
- Check out these compression tutorials for several popular video editing programs.
What should my file size be?
For video file size, we recommend less than 20Gb. A 1.5 hour web optimized 1080p video file size will be 3-15Gb. Our platform does accept larger files, however, larger files will require more time to upload to your box office and more time to be transcoded for patron viewing. When uploading, we recommend a hardline internet connection as well.
- You can set sales and video availability dates/times independently.
- You can upload your video file using any of permitted video formats and the video will need to be received IN FULL prior to 2 hours of your VIDEO AVAILABILITY START.
- Patrons will have access to your content for 48 hours from the time they successfully start watching the content, but may be shorter based on your VIDEO AVAILABILITY DATES.
Where do I upload my video file once it is ready?
I'd like to add closed captioning.
Please sign in to leave a comment.