Can patrons give donations to our organization?
Yes! Your patrons can donate to your organization during the purchase process, and can also make a standalone donation at any time.
To adjust whether or not you accept donations, select Client Preferences from the Account Main Menu (top left). Select Options. There you can choose to accept donations by selecting "Yes", or choose to not accept donations by selecting "No". Once you have made your selection, click the "update" button in the upper right corner.
- By default, donations are turned ON.
- Please note that this donation feature is for the entire account and not for a specific event. Keep in mind that if you have donations turned ON, they will be available for ALL of your events.
- While we do not take ShowTix4U box office/streaming fees out of this donation, a 3.5% credit card transaction fee is applied.
Can I customize the donation feature text and the receipt that is sent to the patron?
You can customize both the on-screen donation message as well as the receipt your customer receives after they make a donation. It is highly recommended to personalize both the message and receipt. Charitable deduction receipts, under IRS standards, require that the receipt identify the organization, state it is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, and include language to the effect that “no goods or services have been provided in exchange for this donation”. See https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/charitable-organizations/charitable-contributions-written-acknowledgments, For a free sample of an acceptable receipt, see: https://eforms.com/receipt/donation/501c3/#Without-a-Receipt. Although no receipt is necessary for a small donation under $250, if the donation is $250 or more, or if the same donor gives multiple gifts which total $250 or more in the same year, then the receipt(s) must meet the IRS requirements.
Can I turn off the donation feature?
You can always turn off the Donation Feature from your account.
From your account main menu, click Client Preferences > Options, and under "Accept Donations", switch the option from "Yes" to "No" and click the Update button in the upper right corner. To turn donations back on at a later time, follow the same steps, but switch the option to "Yes".
Where do I find a list of donations made to my organization?
A list of donations made through your ShowTix4U account can be found by clicking the Account Main Menu > Accounting > Donation Report. This report will reflect donations made from February 11th, 2021 to Present. You'll have access to the patron name, the donation amount, their email address, and more in a .csv format.
- You must be logged in as a Client Level user to access this report.
- Donations are not associated with individual events - they are associated with the entire account.
- Please note there is also a Donation Report (Legacy) option in Accounting for any donations made prior to February 11th, 2021. The balance on the end of February 10th, 2021 rolled to the beginning balance on the new report on the beginning of February 11th, 2021.
Article is closed for comments.